We use the very latest technology
Scanning the body with high frequency sound waves, using the very latest technology, plays a crucial part in a wide of diagnostic procedures - from assessing the risk of heart disease from thickened arteries to investigating the reproductive system.
Ultrasound scanning assists doctors in the majority of medical investigations. It’s used in a variety of diagnostic procedures, from assessing arterial thickening, and blockages in arteries and veins in the lower limbs, to the investigation of the reproduction system. The renal tract, liver, and even musculoskeletal and sports injuries can all utilise ultrasound scanning technology.
Our ultrasonographers can offer
- Abdominal Ultrasound – for gall stones and liver disease
- Renal Ultrasound – for kidney stones, cysts and kidney disease
- Aortic Ultrasound – to test for aortic aneurysm in those with a positive family history
- Pelvic Ultrasound – for polycystic ovarian disease and ovulation induction
- Thyroid Ultrasound – for nodules, goitres and cancer management
- Vascular Ultrasound lower limb (venous and arterial)
- Carotid Ultrasound and intima-media study – for cholesterol and heart disease protection
- Echocardiography – for all heart problems and heart failure
What are the best weight loss diets? The issue of dieting – particularly when focused on weight loss – can be a contentious subject, largely…
How to manage your blood sugar this Christmas Living with type 2 diabetes at Christmas If you have type 2 diabetes, your body isn’t making…
Dr Malcolm Prentice Co-Authors Paper on Iodine Levels During Pregnancy Iodine and Folate – essential for mothers-to-be London Medical’s very own Dr Malcolm Prentice has…