Experienced team of dedicated endocrinologists
The body’s endocrine system is complex. There are a number of components, and a number of ways each one might fail to work as expected.
For example, you might not produce enough of one hormone, or too much of another; your body may produce the right amount of a hormone, but not know where to send it. Understanding this system and its variables, and knowing how to counteract or prevent these issues arising is the job of the endocrinologist.
London Medical Birmingham are pleased to have a team of passionate, dedicated, and expert endocrinologists, each striving to develop the field, and provide patients with the highest levels of care and service.
We treat a huge number of hormonal conditions - such as:
- Turner’s syndrome
- adrenal disorders (such as Addison’s disease and Cushing’s syndrome)
- reproductive and infertility problems
- high prolactin
- all thyroid and parathyroid disorders.
- erectile dysfunction and hypogonadism
- manifestations of the polycystic ovarian syndrome
- the management and assessment of thyroid nodules
- the menopause
- growth disorders
- Thyroid ultrasound and thyroid fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule
- Insulin stress testing
- Glucagon stimulation test
- Dexamethasone suppression tests
- Thyroid function tests
- Pituitary releasing hormone tests
- Synacthen stimulation test
- Impotence profile
- Menopause profile
- Reproductive endocrinology, including ovulation induction
- Osteoporosis markers and bone density
- Day curves of different hormones
- Water deprivation test
Our Specialist Endocrinologists in London
Dr Rakesh Amin
Rakesh is educational lead for endocrinology and diabetes at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Dr Harvinder Chahal
Dr Harvinder Chahal is a specialist in weight management. He works as a consultant in Endocrinology, Diabetes,...
Our endocrinology clinic is based in the Birmingham suburb of Edgbaston
What are the best weight loss diets? The issue of dieting – particularly when focused on weight loss – can be a contentious subject, largely…
How to manage your blood sugar this Christmas Living with type 2 diabetes at Christmas If you have type 2 diabetes, your body isn’t making…
Dr Malcolm Prentice Co-Authors Paper on Iodine Levels During Pregnancy Iodine and Folate – essential for mothers-to-be London Medical’s very own Dr Malcolm Prentice has…